The many aspects of your body
Physiotherapy is a direct, hands-on profession that has as its base the restoration of movement disorders. Your session begins with an assessment from your physiotherapist which entails a review of your medical history, an assessment of your present level of function and questions based on the mechanism of your injury or condition as well as your goals for recovery. Once completed, we design a program for your treatment.
To give you a better idea of the role of physiotherapists, here is a listing of the many areas addressed by the profession:
- Treating musculoskeletal conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Rehabilitation following sports injuries.
- Muscular re-education in the case of neurological conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy.
- Gait retraining.
- Training in the use of mobility aids such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes.
- Working with clients of all ages - from newborn babies to geriatric patients - to correct movement disorders.
- Advising and training parents and caregivers to care for the disabled child or family member.
- Ergonomic restructuring if the design of your home or workplace is causing you neck or back pain.
- Rehabilitation after fractures, surgery or car accidents
- Fitness training for those interested in improving overall fitness.
- Cardiothoracic treatment for heart and lung disorders
Physiotherapy is a very comprehensive field and the areas are wide and varied. Why not come in and see how we can help you? Call Coastal Physiotherapy Clinic on (02) 4324 8081 to make an appointment.
Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for any other commercial or non-commercial purposes. Neither we nor any of our data or content providers shall be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. By accessing our web site, a user agrees not to redistribute the information found therein. We provide customized links to select companies for your convenience only. We do not endorse or recommend the services of any company. The company you select is solely responsible for its services to you, the user. We shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of our services. Plainly, we provide this content for your information only. You should not rely on any clinical information to diagnose or self manage a condition as that information may not apply to your particular problem. The information available through this or other content providers should not be substituted for professional clinical examination. Other content providers or linked sites may provide information or opinions which may differ from our own. We do not have any control over that information. We provide these links for your interest only and do not necessarily agree with that information.