During the COVID pandemic, we are pleased to offer you Telehealth Consultations. You will need a suitable device such as a laptop, IPAD or smartphone with a pop socket or mount so that you can use it hands-free. Rebates are available from most health funds and via the Medicare Enhanced Primary Care package. If you would like to make a discreet enquiry and personally contact one of our Women’s health physiotherapists then please email us on email@example.com and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as we can.
Ante and postnatal care, Mastectomy rehabilitation and support and incontinence rehabilitation are special interest areas where the accurate diagnosis is important in order to implement the right treatment.
1. Mastectomies/ wide excision lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy +/- axillary node dissection
Treatments for and include but not limited to
- massage and connective tissue release for scar adhesions
- axillary cording syndrome and lymphoedema symptoms
- shoulder rehabilitation to restore range of motion and strength
- Post Mastectomy pain syndrome. This is a condition where the nerve endings in the surrounding tissue become extremely sensitised and even light touch may provoke symptoms of pain
We have two experienced senior staff with a special interest in assisting you to find solutions to common problems such as stress incontinence, overactive bladder syndrome(formerly known as urgency), faecal incontinence and other related bowel symptoms. We also provide a men’s incontinence rehabilitation service especially for men recovering from radical prostatectomy. If you are having surgery to remove the prostate please book in for a pre-operative appointment. Research proves that the earlier you start pelvic floor training the earlier you will regain optimal function.
Assessment/Biofeedback is provided with the 2D Real-Time Ultrasound (Mindray 50) at no extra cost.