Coronavirus (COVID-19) – What you need to know updated 12th March 2022.
Thank you for your understanding in these difficult times. We are doing our upmost to ensure everyone’s safety and this may mean putting off your appointment at short notice if required. Even though restrictions across the state are easing with rising vaccination rates we will continue with our Covid-19 safe practices as required under the authority of the Public Health Authority NSW Health. Wearing of masks is essential, ideally proper surgical or 95 Masks, and they must be kept in place at all times whilst within our clinic. Remember we still have Telehealth consultations available.
We ask our patients to observe the following:
- If you are planning on attending please ensure that you don’t have even the mildest of symptoms including sore throat, cough, fever or loss of smell. If you or a member of your immediate household is directly contacted as a known contact by NSW Health you must isolate at home. Lastly, please attend your appointment by yourself, unless you require assistance from a carer to minimise people in the common areas.
- Telehealth Consultations are available for your safety for those patients not requiring acute care. We will contact you prior to your appointment to discuss this with you if this is an option. For those patients who still do need Face to Face consultations for specific care like splinting and casting or hands on acute care you may continue to attend but please observe the precautions as listed below.
- The wearing of surgical masks is mandatory for all patients and staff working indoors. If you have an exemption for wearing a mask for medical reasons please organise a Telehealth appointment by phoning the clinic on 43248081.
- Please note we have temporarily suspended our online booking option in line with current COVID 19 restrictions.
- Please continue to get a COVID test(and isolate at home)if you have even the mildest of symptoms of cough, fever, sore throat or loss of smell https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-update
- Please continue to observe the NSW dept of health guidelines for self-isolation. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/covid-19-latest.aspx
If you have any questions or concerns please phone ahead before your appointment so that we can assist you.
Wash your hands frequently
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 1.5 metre distance between yourself and other people and avoid handshakes or other contact. Please avoid bringing in another person with you to your appointment unless absolutely necessary for supervisory reasons.
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body.
If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention BUT call your GP in advance.
Your GP will be able to determine the best course of action for you. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent spread of viruses and other infections.